Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, July 29, 2010

That little imp.....

...is turning out to be quite a handful!!

She is ALL OVER THE PLACE NOW!
My back is aching from bending down and carting her off 137 times a day.

Megan has found a new playground. Our bed.
Everytime my back is turned, she goes to our master room and crawls up our bed. (It's actually quite cute) But she likes to fiddle with the stuff on our bedside tables (ie. hand lotion, lip gloss, hair clips, aroma essence..), which are NOT her play toys. Once I found her in the middle of our bed and pretended to chase her. She got excited, started chuckling and crawled so fast towards the bolster and pillows and threw herself on them.. hahaha.

She is walking really well now.
A particularly touching moment today was when Zack came home from his course. She was walking about and when he squatted down and opened his arms to her, she walked to him, leaned in and gave him a hug! TWICE! One arm on his shoulder, the other on his arm with her head tucked beneath his chin :) *misty-eyed* - my cam was too late :(

Job as a mother... is very tiring yet so rewarding. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!!!


Read the news just now.
And this article got me shuddering in fear for our future: Click: "There should be no retirement age for spore mm lee"

No retirement age?! It used to be 55, then 62.. followed by 65 by 2012. Say what you may. I only got 1 question: "What about our CPF?" Are you gonna hold it back til we reach 70 now?! Then again, we will never get to see the rest of our CPF. I had a shock when I learnt of our current CPF governance. (Go to CPF board) It's ridiculous and utter rubbish. I've worked hard all my life and when I want to retire, I want to be comfortable. Spend the rest of my life doing what I want. I do not want my money (which I've earned all my life by the way) controlled by the government, keeping my money for 20 years and dispensing me pocket money every month.

Oh yes, I've been thinking and planning for our retirement. Some people say i'm crazy to be thinking of retirement. I say I'm a wee bit too late! Plans should be underway at mid 20s. And that's a few years lost for me (not many though). How do I want to retire? I keep asking myself..

No comments: