Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

...as we sit over fish soup and mixed veg rice, we chat about our yesteryears :)

Gosh I so miss poly days!

Zack and I were reminiscing our poly days during dinner. Not the studies part but the BGR part... hahaha! He has really entertaining stories of gals chasing him. Some gals are just so daring! But it was super funny.. hehe. They can be so persistent.. 6mths of smses! One gal asked him out for a date for mths before he finally relented. She suggested the venue (Kallang macs) and a walk along Kallang River.. at night!.. where she expressed her feelings for him! He didnt like her so let her down gently. Gosh.. poor gal.. but oh so brave!

I know of this gal who was hot on his heels. It was during the initial part of our 'getting to know each other'. We were msn buddies and there was this gal called Carol. She asked him out a few times.. That night, we were on msn.. and she asked him out for a drink at Bliss (near his hse) at 12midnight! I remember him telling me how freaky this gal was.. haha. I was encouraging him to go out with her, give ppl a chance mah. hehe. But he didnt want to meet her.. yet after awhile, he wanted to send mutton chop to my house (in punggol!) He was even looking at the route from his place to mine. Note: Past midnight! Imagine if i had agreed, that will be our 1st meet up after poly ;P

I had a very short bout of fun :( Hooked up with a guy 3 mths into poly and there went 5 years! The first 3 mths were awesome fun for me! My hey days.. oh my hey days! I had about 9 guys after me at the same time! I know the number cos Rayner (the busybody) will come sit next to me during lecture and count away the guys who were hot on my heels. So 'sanba' right? heheh. Jeez.. it was fun. Let's count again:

- Jeremy (French class) - i liked him :P
- David (French class)
- Nicholas (Classmate)
- Yiming (Lecture mate)
- Lawrence (Orientation)
- Bryan (Dance Club)
- Vincent (Dance Club)
- Simon (Dance Club)
- Shannon (Friend of Simon)


tell me why.. why.. why did i give up playing the field and hook up with 1 guy?!!! *sigh*

Of all, Yiming is the only one I have a fondness for cos he was so clumsily cute in his courtship. He was totally clueless on how to go about chasing a gal.. Pretty much did everything wrong.. hahaha. After awhile he told me he was going to pull back cos there were many guys fighting for my attention (he could hear my pagar beeping as we chat at night). Rayner (his classmate) told me something incredibly touching. Yiming wrote in his diary every time i passed him by and smiled at him. Isnt that sweet?? :) I never knew a smile from me could make someone's day :)

Zack asked me if I knew him better in poly, would I have gone after him *roll eyes* His head is very big cos he had gals chasing him. I told him he was too skinny for me! :P (I like his frame better now! Oh those shoulders *swoons*) But maybe.. just maybe.. BUT ju dont chase guys.. I let them do the chasing! hahaha! Truth be told.. I don't 'fall in love' easily. Apart from my bfs, there were only 2 guys that i was ever really infatuated with. The longest one: Ben (since 11 yrs old!) and Jeremy (who lived in the same estate as Ben!).. who broke my heart when he left TP, so nothing happened between us. Handsome.. but naughty bad boy who smokes and don't go home. I used my head, not my heart.

So if Zack and I had known each other better in poly, would we have hook up earlier? Maybe *winks* I remember him as the skinny smiley guy whom I always see at MAC (Music and Arts Centre) and he remembers me as Simon's hot gf. Funny how we went a big round and our lives crossed after so many years. And who would have thought these 2 strangers would fall in love and build something beautiful - our lovely home and beautiful Megan :)

As we were chatting over dinner just now.. it suddenly felt like 5.5 years ago and we were still freshly madly in love. Only now.. it's way better, deeper.. and so much more :)

No comments: