Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ehhh.....?

Sent an email to my big boss cos he's on leave about work. His reply:

"Thanks Juliana. Hope all well with you. Haven't seen you for ages!"

He has been traveling alot this month so had been in and out of office. So yes, i've not seen alot of him. I had to re-check that this email was from him, my President and not from a friend! It's actually quite spooky getting a friendly email from your big boss.. hahah

He must be having one heck of a holiday!

Having said that, both my bosses are very nice. President, Tony... is terrifying though, those no-nonsense tough guy and very sharp. Not much get pass him. Making him happy is challenging. My boss, the COO, Nick.. is a sweetie pie. Easy-going, understanding and encouraging. Both had been extremely kind to me especially during my last pregnancy scare - amnio test.


Tony was the first person i spoke with about the amnio test. I was basically holed up at home after test, didnt talk to anyone except Zack, msged a couple of close friends. Didnt even tell my sis and Godma. So when i went back to work 2 days later, Tony was the first i spoke to about it and embarrassingly, i was feeling quite raw and couldnt control my emotions. And to my utter shock, his eyes went red! He said i was making him cry and chased me out of the room.. haha. Who would have tot such a toughie will have a soft side. And Nick was awesome! When the negative test result was out, i went to announce to him and he said it calls for a celebration and gave me leave to go off work - it was 4.00pm!


And it was later when i found out that they had asked another colleague to keep an eye on me. Twas really thoughtful of them :)



Bosses are pretty cool
just got colleagues from hell, not all thank goodness!
1 or 2 of them are enough to kill.
so that's the trade off... there always is.
if the environment is good, the job sucks.
if the job is good, the environment sucks.
if the job and environment is good, the pay sucks.
nothing's perfect.
oh well.....

No comments: