Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

so tell me.. How much will you pay for a bag?

..... dont consider myself a 'bag gal'. In the sense that i dont own mountains of bags, build a bag closet or have $2 lunches to save up for that gorgeous arm candy. But like the next gal, i have a healthy appreciation for them. I enjoy looking at them, touching them. All bags, any bags but my preference goes to the affordable ones. I'm a sensible and practical gal :) Still... i'm always on the lookout for THE Bag. Cos my take is.. all you need is ONE GOOD BAG (that's what they always say). Just ONE.

Even when Zack and i were at the biggest LV boutique in Paris .. i couldnt bring myself to fork out $1.5k for a bag. Perhaps i dont like any enough to warrant that swipe of the card. It's like.. "You're in PARIS! and you didnt buy a LV bag???" Well... Why do i buy something for any reasons other than the simple one of desperate lust? And i'm so glad i didnt buy any at Paris.. cos looking back at the bag i almost bought, i realised i dun like it that much now.

In order for me to part with my precious money (and my darling hubby's too!), i have to LOVE that object 101%, not even 99.9%. (Like my 'diamonds studded OMEGA' - Sy's term for it *lol*) It has to hit me right in the face like WHAM!

My close friends will know how incredibly picky i am. For anything, from tees to shoes to anything.. i have specific requirements. So for me to totally love and lust after something.. is a pretty rare occurance but when i do, i am relentless and unfortunately, it usually comes with a hefty pricetag (Zack aint too happy at that)

Alright.... let's get to the crux of the issue.


Oh that fateful friday.. i was on my way to work. Waiting for the train at Dhoby Ghaut when something caught my eye. Delicately resting on the arm of this gal.. in creamy ivory with gold hardware. My heart stopped beating and the heavens sang! I was transfixed!

It was perfect. It was me. It was MADE FOR ME!!!

I scoured the internet but to no avail. A name! was all i need. All i had was the brand.. which funnily i'm not that big a fan of. A past season piece was my fear. I went to the boutique and saw something similar! It was GORGEOUS. Ivory buttery soft leather.. with vintage gold hardware.


But.... a problem.


Pricetag: $3,310.00

*bang head*

No way. No blardee way will i ever fork out 3 grand for a bag. However gorgeous it is. I didnt even wanna tell Zack about it but somehow i did when he called me. Again he shocked me!

J: i found my bag!!!
Z: ok so did you buy it?
J: nope.. but i might! (teasing him)
Z: how much is it?
J: 3310
Z: what?! ok, show me later then i'll see if its worth it.
J: ????????

what happened to: "Are u crazy?! You wanna pay 3k for a bag?!!! *scolds*" ??? I sure aint expecting: "...i'll see if it's worth it." How can any bag be worth 3k?? Especially to a guy.

Anyway, he FORCED me to show it to him. I didnt want to cos i'm not gonna get it anyway so why show him. I can gush about it but i sure wouldnt buy it. Only after i'm totally sure that he wouldnt get it for me did i take him to the website (it wasnt even a nice pic). 3K and after my Omega, i know FOR SURE he wouldnt buy it for me.. hahahaha. I wouldnt allow him to!


$3310.00..... *sigh*


and i just bought a bag for $33.90! *guffaws*
that's 2 hops of the decimal point!


well... if it's $2.5k... i will grab it!
or will i?


in the light of things, that LV bag seems cheap in comparison.. hahahha!
a time will come when i'll indulge in serious pampering *grins*

But for 3grand.. there are so many things i can do!
For one, i can take my darling for a good holiday.
Buy bag: only me happy... and it doesnt last.
Go holiday: we both happy.
There's happiness in sharing!


But following that school of thought......
Buy bag: me happy = hubby happy = BOTH happy too! :P


Will i go over to the Dark Side?
i'm like tettering at the edge.
i think some people will be anxious if i do! ahahahah!




No comments: