Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My Good Samaritan

it's 25 past 1 and i'm running on reserve energy.
but Zack is doing some last minute studying so i'm here doing some catching up. (He is peeping at what i'm typing!)

my drafts are getting longer cos i cant seem to be finishing my posts.
just hope this one gets published.

many stuff but im just gonna talk about something that got me swelling with pride tonight :) We were on our way home after a lovely night out when we saw an accident along the way at Hougang. No prizes given if you guessed who immediately made a U-turn and rushed off to help - My Hubby *beams* A minor collison between a car and a bike at the cross junction. But the rider was injured with abrasions and there's blood!! Not spurting out but enough on the floor to make my stomach twist with worry. My Parademic on the other hand shrug it off as minor.. he had seen FAR worse. Driver was clearly at fault but the rider got the brunt of it (i'm so glad Zack is not riding now!)

He took his first aid kit (always keep one handy in the car) and worked on the poor fellow while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. The guy, 2 days to be enlisted for NS, was fortunately fine, just looked a little pale.. probably more from shock than anything else. PTL!

I'm not gonna gush too much.. hehe but i'm ohsoproud of my hubby. A by-stander asked Zack if he was a member of the public and was impressed by how he handled the situation, one even asked him if he was a doctor.. yeah street doctor.. haha. Standing beside him i couldnt help beaming with pride.. Yes! That's my husband.. He is a Paramedic! - i wanted to shout out loud. Not just because of how he confidently took charge.. but because he has a great heart. However tired he is (and he sure is!), he can and will never drive off and turn his back. And more imptly, he does it not to show off or claim glory.. but simply because he wants to help :)

Alrighty.. that's about all i can manage for now. Gonna hit the sack now! My Good Samaritan is done with his revision.. test tomorrow morning!


On a completely different note: My sheets are soooo comfy! I dun wanna wake up in the mornings! i'm an advocate of threadcount and that 1 hour i spent ironing them is so worth it! I dunno why i'm blogging this... hahaha.


*SNOOZE*


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... accident aside... I'm sure it feels really good/intimate to see your hubby at work, apart from hearing him talk about his work. It really helps you visualise when he talks about his work. Not alot of people get that kind of opportunity and understanding. :)

And you iron your sheets?? Wait till Ming hears this... he thinks I am weird for ironing my pillowcases when it'd be crumpled and wrinkled soon after! *grins*

Anonymous said...

iron your sheets? of crse u gotta do that! trust me.. it feels WAY better. The sheets feel smooth, cool and silky but remember, must get high threadcount. Good investment! :P Best get egyptian cotton.. they're the ultimate!

i can go on and on...

:D

and u are not weird! guys just dont know any better.. haha! :P