Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Friday, October 22, 2010

OHLA!

Our 3rd day in Barcelona.. We have been blessed for great weather! Even in London.. it only rained when we were leaving and we went caught in a light drizzle.

Barcelona is beautiful!!! It reminds us of Venice. A bigger Venice on land. Winding walkways that leads to even more walkways... there is something to find everywhere. The architecture of the buildings are gorgeous! I can´t describe it in words.. haha. Our first night in Barcelona, we had dinner at a Tapas Bar. Followed by a nice stroll around our hotel area, through the winding paths. Cool crisp air, 18 degrees - it´s perfect, with a gelato in hand.. just walking and chatting. Feels like a throwback in time to our honeymoon.. our night strolls in Paris :)

Girona left us speechless. Our hotel room is just stunning! Probably the best I´ve stayed in by far.. oh yes, even Maldives! Well to me at least.. haha. The photos will tell the story. I love history and anything historic so put me in a room that is centuries old, i´m a goner :P I may look the part of a city girl, i´m a historic at heart.

Yesterday we went to Sagrada Familia and managed to chance upon the House of skull at Passig De Gracia (High end shopping area). Bought something there! Now we are having a headache of lugging it back!

It´s been a challenging trip. This sure is an education for us. Bringing a toddler on a long haul trip. She doesn´t like being in the stroller for long (who does) but we can´t let her walk. Once she is on her feet, she is like a kampong chicken.. all over the place! Dangerous. And cobblestones are not meant for little toddler´s feet. So that´s a struggle for us. Keeping her happy and quiet in her stroller. Train and plane rides are wailing fits.. sighs. So we try to carry her (she is VERY heavy) as much. Poor girl is also teething. Cut her 8th tooth in London! Worst part, we ran out of teething rusks and can´t find any around here :( So keep us in your prayers!

Sleep wise - Megan is an angel. Sleeps in the cot throughout the night.

It´s slightly past 10am and Zack and Megan are still aslp! Gonna wake Zack up soon. We were all awake, even the little one, but they both went back to bed while I shower.. tsk tsk. There is a laptop in the hotel room but the connection aint all perfect. Another hit on hotels for me *smirk* Location is fab, right smack on La Ramblas, but got a room facing the inner court so minus the noise. 1min walk to the metro (Liceu) which is just 1 stop away from Catalunya (interchange). A hightech hotel and there´s a hydromassage shower!! Spacious too for an european hotel so Megan is happy.. haha. But I´m just pissed for the service! Asked for a blardee hairdryer (supposed to have one in the room but there isnt): 3 calls, more than an hour wait. Finally someone brought 1 up after the 3rd annoyed call. Guess what? It doesn´t work. I give up. I shall have unblown awful hair during my days in Barca.

Today: Back to Passig De Gracia! Still wondering if I should get that pair of boots (i´m wearing out mine and oh my poor feet) Zack says I´m a slave to fashion.. haha. Then a cable car ride to Montjuic in the later part of the afternoon! There is a huge children area for Megan to play. Then a musical fountain display at night. She will enjoy it :)

Notice how it´s about Megan now? This is how it´s like when you have children. We are a family of 3 now. We have to meet the needs of 3 individuals now. No mean feat. I have learnt alot for the trip. Logistics and such. Made some mistakes. I am a perfectionist so I get upset with myself when things dont go perfectly. Still, I want to give myself a pat on the back on what has been from months back right up to this trip - work, megan, house, planning for this trip. Despite the hiccups, I say I did a pretty great job! and I so righfully deserve a little present! :)

For starter: CHOCOLATE AND CHURROS for breakfast!!!


(note: sorry no pics as i´m down to the last 2MB for my blogs. Time to swtich blogs.)

No comments: