Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, August 09, 2007

last night...

i had the loveliest surprise birthday celebration *beams*
from my sweet sweet gals :)
its been a long time since anyone had gone through so much trouble for my bday *touched*

THE STORY.. about the cake
the stage has already been decided and set at Durty Nellys, an Irish Pub (it totally rawkss! i love it). During lunch, SY took a bus from Suntec to Ann Siang to collect my bday cake (it's from Pattisier!!) then went on a long maniacal search for Jane's office, at Millenia Walk.

Cake was passed to Jane who went to Durty Nellys and left the cake there.

I met up with SY and YY after work at Suntec and we went for dinner at Crystal Jade. Jane was working late so we went ahead without her. Whoa.. the stewed beef noodles was good! it has joined my favourite list, together with the La Mian with Spring Onion.

And as we were at Suntec Tower 4 (well, i wanted to get the apple tart from Carrefour), we passed an Angie's The Choice. I was salivating at their cakes and went:"Hey, i wanna buy a bday cake!" when SY pulled me away and said: "dun be crazy lah!" Yeah, if not we'd ended up with 2 cakes to eat! and which bday gal buys her own bday cake! *guffaws* We had a totally good laugh over it when we recounted everything back at Durty Nellys :D

At Durty Nellys...

had some cocktails.. Magaritas and a Bloody Mary.
i solemnly promise this is the very last time i'm getting a Bloody Mary (virgin or not!)

it's a nice Irish Pub.. not too rowdy.. a nice ambience with pretty reasonable cocktails. Good live music and the most accomodating boss! Jane arrived late and didnt get a drink. He then gave her a glass of water (without us asking for it) and said: "Just so you wouldnt feel left out." My.. this is service at its peak! I'm definitely going again.. and prob can make it our usual haunt now.
and as i was telling some stories to the gals, the boss with his staff came out singing 'Happy Birthday' with my bday cake. Awwww.... dazed... *blush*

see my bday cake????

Snowball from Patissier
A.W.E.S.O.M.E! mascapone cheese with green tea biscuits in the middle.
i absolutely love the green tea cakes from Patissier.


my present! it's an accessory stand.
and i so love it! cos it's something i've always wanted to get but never could fork out the money for. My many necklaces are strewn all over the place.


a clearer shot of it (for Jo.. hope u're feeling better!)

i'm so blessed.. with friends who love me :)

No comments: