Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Just Your Average Gal

been on the move for a good 17 hours.
its 30 past 12.
have just clean and tidied the house,
swept and mopped the floor.
now i'm starting to feel the fatigue.
spent some nice quality time with myself
which is long overdue.
just this urge to go somewhere alone
with no thoughts but mine..
in fact, i've plans to do a trip next year.. alone.
on that weekend i turn 27.
the more i think about it, the better the idea sounds.
my very own sabbatical.

it's your birthday today..
and i miss you so.
i wish u're here..
i wish you'd hold me in your arms
and tell me everything's gonna be okay.
i've never let you go
and i wouldnt ever let you go.


It's a world of jealousy deceit and envy
Seems like everybody tryin' to take something from me
Grandma made me understand material things don't make the man,
so I found that inner wealth and learned to love myself
Lately it's so hard to find peace of mind (lately it is so hard)
I just got to get away from the haters and the instigators
There's back-stabbers and money-grabbers,
users and abusers and they all wear smilin' faces

Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna snap,
and go off up in this piece on somebody,
I ain't tryin' to say no names,
but I ain't tryin' to play no games,
holla if you feel me people
Lately it's so hard to find peace of mind,
so lift me up in a lonely world
that's so unkind
there's back-stabbers and money-grabbers,
users and abusers and they all wear smilin' faces


Not Your Average Thug
- Wang Lee Hom


No comments: