Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a comment made this morning got me thinking.. *sigh*
and the weather just match my thoughts.

last evening was some eventful night..

met up with Jo and Sy for dinner. It was a great way to combat the monday blues.. hanging out with your darling gals. It was impromptu. I msged them both at 3.30am the night before (or morning), checking if they are free for me to bounce some ideas (wedding) off them. You should hear all the noise they made at me being up at 3am... sounds like my mum.. hahahah!
"i slept at 1am and who would expect any msg at 3am?!!!!! You are up at 3 thinking about your wedding??"
"wat are you up doing at 335?!!!"
*guffaws*
well... ermmm........

So we met at Suntec and had Crystal Jade for dinner.. despite many grumblings from Sy. I had my favourite la mien with spring onions.. it's only $5! Then i treat them both dessert at NYDC.. to thank them for being such dears.. and allowing me to drag them out to be my sounding board.

Bounced some ideas off and some advices they gave made sense so i'm going back to re-think some plans i initially had. Jo had her wedding dinner last Dec so she is probably the best person to seek advice from.

Felt kinda bad i didnt call the rest along. But its hard to stick and focus on one subject when there are 6 gals.. It'll be great chaos.. and we wanted to keep dinner short. So.. Next time round will involve everyone! Cos the next thing we're gonna discuss is the saboing of the groom and groomsmen! *evil laughter*

We were already walking towards Citylink when zack msged me saying he wanted Kenny Rogers for dinner! *sigh* We had already left Suntec so i had to walk to Marina Square to get my hubby's dinner.. and that's where my night started to go downhill....

Had to wait 15mins for the chicken to be roasted. But zack was sweet and asked me to take a cab and he'd pay for it. I was reluctant cos i hate taking cabs. I'd rather hang on in the sardine-packed train for an additional 30mins and save that $15. But soggy chicken wouldnt taste good and he did said he'd pay for it.. haha.. so i went to search for a taxi stand. For someone who hardly ever take cabs, i wouldnt know where the vantage points are so i had to walk round and round (Marina Square is frigging huge!) in order to find a taxi stand. And by the time i found one... the queue was incredibly long. *sigh*

So i walked back into Marina Square and found another spot where 'on call' cabs drive by. Something happened here but i'm not gonna elaborate. All i wanna say is...

MAY ALL CAB SNATCHERS LOSE ALL YOUR HAIR AND BREAK OUT IN RED FAT WARTS!!! IF I EVER SEE YOU BOTH AGAIN, YOU'D BETTER RUN OR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU WISH YOU'D NEVER BEEN BORN!!! *FANGS*

then i hit my leg on those granite stone barriers. Now i'm sporting 2 lovely bumps on my shin and inner knee. Great.

so hot, sweaty, limping on 3inches stilts (and fuming).. i walked back to the train station and boarded the train home. It was already 10pm and i was hot and tired.. the lack of sleep was catching up on me. *sigh*

something cemented last night: Cabs and Ju.. just dont jibe. There was an incident with a cabdriver months ago. No more cabs for me. Nope. Not anymore.

it was some night.. the good and the bad.

well, at least someone enjoyed his dinner.. so something good came out of it.

No comments: