Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Life is a blast...

Megan is asleep in her rocker.. *sigh of relief*
she was a total monster yesterday!
only slept a total of 1 hr 20mins the entire day..
the rest of the time she was incredibly fussy.
i did EVERYTHING to coax her..
the minute she was alone, her tirade starts.. *sigh*
come 8.30pm, i begged Zack to come home cos i was going bonkers.
he took over when he came home and i completely knocked out.
looks like week 8 is turning out to be a tough one.
week 7 was paradise.
week 6 was a nightmare.. complete with Pappe being hospitalised.

My Nightmare...
i went through hell that week.
Pappe was all perky running around when suddenly she (tongue) turned blue.
it was fortunate i picked it up immediately and we rushed her to the clinic.
and also thank God that my auntie was here so she looked after Megan. Took blood tests and she was given oxygen. Vet at the clinic said we had to send her to the hospital cos they do not have the equipment. So we sent her to Mt Pleasant after 30mins of oxygen - she looked pink again. Did X-rays and found out she got a grade 5 heart murmur - grade 6 being the worst, and had to be hospitalised for 1 night. She recovered really well and could go home the next day. We monitored her for 3 days and sent her back to the clinic for a follow up. And guess what? Her heart murmur dropped to 2! The vet said it is very strange and is rare. It's a good sign but she still gotta be on medication for life.

I cant begin to say how i feel.
Pappe is so essential to me.. she's been with me for the past 10 years. Bought her after mummy passed away and has been my constant comfort. She's been through so much with me (though Zack likes to say she doesnt have a choice).. we've moved to so many houses. I used to bring her everywhere with me.. orchard shopping, library, school.. i'd pack her in a bag and off we go striding in the world. What happened recently forced me to face the reality that we do not have another 10 years. She is aging and will one day leave me. I cant cant imagine life without her. I really dunno what i'd do if she leaves.. i'll die.. seriously. I tried to give her the best. Premium food and healthy diet. Even bought Chile to keep her company. I didnt wanna get a car so soon but Zack said we can bring the dogs out - he is smart, knows which buttons to push. After we gave Chile away and Megan is out, i showered more attention on her. Then her heart condition surfaced. I'm keeping an eye on her constantly - even at night! With Megan needing constant attention.. it's no mean feat. Pappe always has been a fussy eater and she has lost alota weight. Now i'm coaxing her to eat when she is being picky.. *sigh* I think she is getting irritated cos i call her every now and then to check on her and her tongue.. haha. What i'm telling everyone.. i got one who eats constantly, and one who refuses to eat.. *sigh* life is such joy.

In anycase, i'm so thankful for Zack.
who had been so supportive and is such a wonderful father and hubby. Despite pulling in the shifts, he still helps with the night feedings some nights so i could sleep. Though he dont understand why i'm so worried over Pappe (dun think anyone does) but he was there for me. That night when Pappe was hospitalised, Zack was working night shift. He came home at midnight for me cos i was so distraught. This act of love i will never forget.

He said we deserve a break and we're going on a holiday in dec!
so that's something to look forward to :)

No comments: