Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Friday, March 28, 2008

in shock......

the minute i got to the office, Sam said to me,"Ju you can smile now but you wouldn't after you hear what i'm going to tell you." Goodness.. dont say something like this to me in the morning can. She then told me the news of a family of 4 that died in a car accident along the North-South Highway to KL yesterday.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_221320.html

Whole family died.. husband, wife, 2 yr old son with mother-in-law.. save for the 2 month old baby daughter.

In a twist of fate, it turns out that I know the father! And i saw him recently in my office on Tuesday. He was the sales manager from Amara Hotel and came to pay a visit. That's not all.. i was shocked to see him cos i knew him from my internship days! He was the manager of this travel agency, Reliance i was attached to. We recognised each other instantly and i even remembered his name - Kevin Bong. He said i looked the same (that's comforting to know.. its been awhile). He told me that some colleagues i knew from Reliance had set up their own travel agency. He didnt mention he had a share in it.

Oh my gosh.. i'm still in shock.

It's so tragic. Whole family... 2 year old son. This is where life begins. Apparently he was stationed in Shanghai but came back to Singapore cos his wife just gave birth. The little miracle baby who survived. Just 2 months old.. who will care for her now? She wouldnt even remember her parents.

I'm brought to face once again how fragile life can be. We just spoke 3 days ago and now he is gone. I still have his namecard staring at me from my keyboard.. waiting to be filed away. Somehow i cant bring myself to put it in the bin.

May him and his family rest in peace......


*troubled and disturbed*

No comments: