Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, December 05, 2005

"will you make me the happiest man....."

i'm running on reserve fuel..

with all the excitement during the weekend.. i cant sleep, i cant eat.. and i'm still brimming with energy.. took me a day to calm down... or have i?? and i cant keep that grin off my face or my eyes from glancing down :D

THE STORY
headed up to Mt Faber.. which wasnt unusual cos we do that at times.. sat at The Point.. enjoying the view.. chatting.. laughing and teasing each other.. then he pulled me in his arms and said softly, "ju, will you make me the happiest man and call me 'hubby'?" (which is something i had been refusing to all this while cos i had not been 'asked properly').. but this time, the teasing felt different somehow.. and when he stood up and reached into his pocket.. my first thought was, "oh my gosh! what is he doing?!!!"

THE MOMENT
and when he got on his knee.. it dawned on me.. i was being 'asked properly'.. *sobs* it was so beautiful.. that moment.. i was shocked speechless and alternate between looking at the ring and his sweet beaming face.. and when he slipped the ring on my finger, my heart cried..

(but if you were to ask him, he would probably say i spoilt his proposal cos i didnt follow his 'script'.. he had to ask me 3 times before i said 'YES'! (you wouldnt wanna know my first 2 answers) Ahahahaha! he refused to get up til i say 'Yes' so he was on his knee for a full 5 mins *grins*)

THE RING
is awesome.. perfect.. he picked the diamond and got it set to how i like it (he had help from my sneaky Godma and sis!) i asked him why the size.. it is half a carat! (was expecting a much smaller one) and shines like a star on my finger.. he replied, "cos i only want the best for my girl" *sobs* and animatedly began telling me about the cut, color, clarity and how clear it was when he viewed it thru the jewellers loupe etc.. it seemed like he had a field time getting the diamond :) but i was only half listening cos it doesnt matter to me how big it is or how white and clear it is.. all it matters is that it is from him.. from my zack..

*sniffs*

cant believe WE'RE ENGAGED! oh my.. everything seems to fall into place perfectly.. and it changes everything, the whole dynamic of the relationship.. when i see him, i see MY FIANCE, my other half.. the person whom i will be spending the rest of my life with.. i cant begin to describe it but its like a bond had been forged between two persons.. its simply amazing...


and everytime i think back i still tear *sniffs*



"and you make me the happiest woman..."

No comments: