Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

had a conversation with a friend yesterday..

his questions were:

are you accepting the most suitable person that comes along?
or you are gonna wait for the best?

and my question was:

what constitutes 'the best' person? define 'best'..

was pondering and running thru' the questions in my head on the way home.. i've got my answers.. then i was pondering and tossing the answers around..

i've got no checklist.. list of virtues.. list of flaws.. i dun want to be on one end of the balancing scale neither do i want to put someone on it.. (who is more outgoing? who is sweeter?..) if i ever am or do, then i seriously question that love.

it's how i dun want him to love me cos i'm sweet, nice, pretty, sexy, funny etc... but knowing how i get grumpy when i'm disturbed from my nap.. hurt him with the things i say.. get jealous and unreasonable.. am a tough cookie fighter cock.. am insensitive to his feelings.. and yet he loves me.. with all my imperfections

just how i love him not cos he is the sweetest, sexiest, gentlest guy.. i love him even when he plays his stoopid game til 4am.. even when he hurt me with words when we argue.. even when he refuses to wash the toilet.. even when he doesnt always understand me.. inspite of these.. i love him.. with all my heart

when you love a person.. you are not blind to his flaws.. and you love him all the same.. you wanna make him happy.. you do little things to put that smile on his face.. you buy the little things he likes.. you make sure he is covered under the quilt at night.. you worry about his safety when he's on the road.. you think about him when you're apart.. even when he hurt you, you always find it in your heart to forgive him..

so what's the best?

it's really simple.. really. That's when you truly love someone.. he/she naturally becomes THE BEST.. and if you are still questioning yourself.. then... GOOD LUCK!

No comments: