Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, August 17, 2009

Megan's full month celebration....

.......and i didnt take a single shot!!!
how could that happened?!!!

Fact is, it was an exceedingly stressful day. And the star was miserable :( Too many people, too much noise, my poor gal was overstimulated and couldnt handle it. She kept crying, and some idiots said she is hungry and fed her more than what she could handle, then she vomitted. She only managed to settle down at 9plus. By then, bulk of the guests had left and some didnt even get to look at our princess.

Megan was miserable and so was i. I couldnt stand her crying so much and all the well-meaning advice thrown at me at the same time on loud decibels were stretching my nerves too thinly. And i especially hate it when i was soothing my baby in my arms, some people will just grab her away from me and pass her on to more experienced arms. I may be inexperienced but i'm her mother. She's MY baby and no one has the right to take her away! I was having a hard time holding it all in.. seriously.

Seems like in almost every event we throw, i am bound to face some form of disappointment. Our wedding.. now Megan's full month celebration. I shant go into it cos i'm quite drained now. However i should count my blessings and thank the lovely friends who made the time to come celebrate with us :)

One big highlight: Hui Ching came to visit!!
Gosh we've not seen her in years and i was so happy to see her! :) Zack even reminded me to invite her.. haha. She came with Leon and i have to say i really like him. It's just this vibe a person gives you. I see how he makes her laugh and i'm sure he'll make her one happy gal :) oh she bought Megan the cutest Nike crib shoes :) Pity we didnt get much chance to catch up.

Many came bearing gifts and angpows.. and our doors only closed at 1.30am! We had a late celebration with our friends.. gosh, the list is getting longer with their significant others ;) Chris & Ellyne (they got engaged! congrats!!), Mark & Christina (our latest shiny new couple), Renee & Collin, Des and Fu.

Maybe this is a celebration for the proud daddy cos he seems to be the only one who enjoyed himself.. haha. Megan and mummy on the other hand had a rough night.

Okay, no mood to continue. Perhaps I will do a proper one and post it on Megan's blog. I so have to post a pic of the cute little favors we ordered for our guests.


*moody*
so stay away..

No comments: